We provide services of work permit obtaining for foreign citizens in Ukraine.
How to get work permission in Ukraine? Documents needed.
- work permit application;
- copies of documents on the education (not obligatory but preferably) — apostille or legalization needed;
- copies of pages of the passport with personal data (translated into Ukrainian, certified in accordance with the procedure established by law);
- two color photographs (in the size of 3.5 x 4.5 centimeters);
- health certificate;
- certificate from Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
Legislation of Ukraine on employment of foreigners and stateless persons.
Permit to work does not entitle a foreigner to reside in Ukraine. But, obtaining of work permit is one of the basics to obtain residence permit in Ukraine. Many individuals are getting a work permit to obtain a residence permit in Ukraine. There is no such type of visa for Ukraine as work visa.
Foreigners and stateless persons can be employed in Ukraine after obtaining an appropriate permit. These requirements are established by article 42 of the Law of Ukraine «On Employment». According to the law, permission to employ foreign labor is issued by the State Employment Service of Ukraine. The validity of the permit is up to one year. Permission may be renovated before it is expired.
Permission is issued to the employer (legal entity or sole proprietor), and not to the foreigner as an individual. So work permit can be used for employment in a particular company or organization.
Making investment, economic and business activity by foreigners does not require obtaining a work permit. State registration of non-ukrainian as sole proprietor also does not require work permit obtaining. Permission is required if the foreigner intends to be appointed to the position of the head (Director, Director General, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, President) of legal entity of which he is a participant or owner.
Who can apply for work permit in Ukraine?
Any citizen, regardless of nationality. According to the laws of Ukraine, employment is permitted from the age of 16. Persons who have a criminal record may be rejected in working permit obtaining.
Permission is also granted for the employment of:
- foreign citizens who are sent by a foreign employer to Ukraine to perform a certain amount of work (services) on the basis of contracts concluded between the domestic and foreign business entities; the percentage of qualified foreigners employed under the agreement does not exceed half of the total number of people working for Conditions of the contract;
- foreigners who are classified as «intra corporate transferees » according to the schedule of specific obligations in the service sector, the Protocol on Ukraine’s accession to the WTO (Article II of the General Agreement on Trade in Services);
The detailed procedure for permit issuing and the amount of fees are regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The fee for issuing the permit is four minimum ukrainian wages (as of 01/09/2017 — 12800 hryvnia, or 450—500 dollars).
Free fee is applied to:
• refugees or persons who need additional protection;
• renovation of permission.
Does not require obtaining a work permit for:
- foreign citizens who have residence permit in Ukraine;
- foreigners who have permission to immigrate to Ukraine;
- foreigners who are recognized as persons in need of additional protection, or who are granted temporary protection in Ukraine;
- representatives of foreign maritime (river) fleet and airlines that serve such companies on the territory of Ukraine;
- employees of foreign media who are accredited to work in Ukraine;
- professional athletes, artists and art workers to work in Ukraine;
- workers of emergency services for urgent work;
- employees of foreign representatives that are registered in the territory of Ukraine in accordance with the procedure established by the law;
- ecclesiastic who are to reside in Ukraine temporarily (on the ground of invitation of religious organization) for canonical activity only in such religious organization;
- foreigners who arrived in Ukraine to participate in the implementation of international technical assistance projects;
- foreigners who arrived in Ukraine to conduct teaching and / or scientific activities in higher education institutions;
- other foreigners in cases provided by laws and international treaties of Ukraine;
The involvement of highly qualified foreign specialists and workers, the need for which is required for Ukraine economy progress, is carried out on the grounds defined by Law of Ukraine «On Immigration».
The employment of foreigner does not require the substantiation to an employment agency if that individual:
- is a founder or shareholder of a company in witch he is to be appointed as director or CEO;
- applies to hold a position that provides for the creation of objects of copyright and (or) related rights as the main labor;
- high qualified IT expert;
- has a diploma of higher education (according to the relevant category of profession) of one of the educational institutions ranked in the first hundred in one of such world rankings:
- Times Higher Education;
- Academic Ranking of World Universities;
- QS World University Rankings by Faculty;
- Webometrics Ranking of World Universities;
Legalization needed for documents issued by the following countries: China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Canada; most African countries: Morocco, Algeria, Tunis, Libya, Egypt, Angola, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania, South Sudan, Sudan.
Apostille needed (State parties to the Apostille convention) for documents issued by the following countries: all European Countries, United States of America, India, Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Japan, South Korea, Australia, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina.