We provide comprehensive legal and consulting services for Representative office or branch registration in Ukraine.
What we do?
• consultations on process and procedure;
• translation of documents;
• preparation of all needed documents;
• provide office address (if needed);
• branch registration in Ministry of Economy of Ukraine and registration number obtaining;
• office registration in tax and social security authorities;
• seal (emblem) and banking account obtainment;
Ukraine is a party to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents, so company’s documents from most developed countries do not require legalization.
Foreign companies on purpose to promote products or services in Ukraine, have the right to open a Representative office in Ukraine. As a rule, offices are opened in order to promote (less for the purpose of direct and indirect sales) of goods and/or services of the company, through advertising campaigns, market research, monitoring of distribution, etc. It is recommended to register a company for conducting an economic and business activity.
Under Ukrainian law, Branches & Representative offices are established without constituting a separate legal entity. Ministry of Economy of Ukraine is the main authority to register representatives. Representatives may have a bank account (in local and foreign currency) and obtain a seal (emblem). Financing received from main office, is fully exempt from income tax if it was properly used by Representative office (inc. salary, office rent payment, advertising campaign, market research, etc).
Registration of representative offices and obtaining a certificate of registration is the basis to obtain a residence permit for foreign employees of representative offices. Certificate of registration enables a temporary duty and value-added tax (VAT) free import in Ukraine of property and equipment required for service use. Representatives or branches are allowed to assign contracts.
Requirements for registration and formation:
• Extract from the trade (banking) register of the country where main body of managing foreign company is officially registered;
• A certificate from the financial institution, where the account (preferably the main one) of foreign company is opened;
• Power of attorney to perform representative functions Ukraine, registered under the laws of the country where official registered foreign entity;
• Office address in Ukraine.
State fee for the registration of Representative office – 2500 US dollars.
Registration time–up to 60 calendar days.
How to register a representative office in Ukraine? How to create/setup/open a representative office in Ukraine? Representative office of foreign company in Ukraine.